Freedom Scientific Developer Network
The Freedom Scientific Developer Network (FSDN) is a database containing scripts and functions that are built into JAWS screen reading software and MAGic screen magnification software.
The FSDN includes a complete scripting reference manual that is a compiled HTML Help file (FSDN.chm). It has an identical format to the JAWS and MAGic help systems; therefore, navigation is also identical. Additionally, you may want to visit the Basics of Scripting Web pages or download the Basics of Scripting Web pages (self-extracting file). This introduction will help you create scripts for any Freedom Scientific product.
The FSDN can be used by anyone who wants a general reference for all scripts, user-defined functions, and built-in functions found in JAWS and MAGic. Seasoned programmers may want to download the FSDN, as they will most likely pick up the syntax of the scripting language rather quickly.
The following briefly describes how to download and install the FSDN.
- Select the FSDN download link that appears at the end of this procedure.
- Save the executable file to a location where you can easily find it.
- Run the executable file. It is organized to extract the FSDN.chm file to C:\FreedomScientificDocs\FSDN. You may save it to another folder of your choice.
Getting Started with Scripting Basics
- Browse to the location of the FSDN.chm file and open the file.
- Open the General Scripting Concepts book, which is the first item in the Contents pane tree view.
- Open the enclosed books and topics for a basic scripting overview.