JAWS 14 Downloads
Use the links on this page to download the latest version of JAWS that is appropriate for your computer's operating system. For a list of new features available in this version of JAWS, see What's New in JAWS 14. For a list of system requirements, see JAWS System Requirements.
JAWS requires that you restart your computer during the installation process. To avoid problems, always download the JAWS release to your computer first instead of running the executable from the Windows Download dialog box. The following briefly describes how to download and install a JAWS release.
- Select the appropriate domestic or international JAWS download link that appears on this page.
- When the dialog box opens, choose Save and select a location where you can easily find the downloaded executable file.
- Run the executable and follow the talking installer.
During JAWS installation, the OCR engine for Convenient OCR is automatically downloaded and installed. If you will be installing JAWS on a computer that does not have Internet access and you wish to use the Convenient OCR feature, you will also need to choose the link to download the OCR engine. Place this file in the same location as the executable before beginning the installation.
If you want to try a free demonstration of JAWS, select any current English link below to install and use JAWS in 40-minute demo mode. The software will run in this mode until you are ready to purchase a product license and upgrade to the released version. There are several advantages to having one release. For example:
- It eliminates the need to have a separate demo download file or demo CD.
- Unlike previous demo software, you do not have to worry about the software expiring at a future date.
- Finally, you can take advantage of the Check for Updates feature in the Help menu to conveniently update demo software installed from a CD picked up at a show or downloaded months ago from Freedom Scientific.
For more information about demo products, see Freedom Scientific Demo Software.
Note: If your corporate firewall prevents you from downloading files using FTP (File Transfer Protocol), use the HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) links instead.
Archive of JAWS English Downloads
For downloads of earlier English versions of JAWS ILM, demo, thumb drive, dongle, or quella, go to the Archive of JAWS for Windows Downloads page.
Note: JAWS 8 and later does not support Windows 98 or Windows ME. If your computer runs either operating system, you should use JAWS version 7.X or earlier instead. JAWS 7 or later does not support Windows NT or Windows 95. If your computer runs under Windows NT or 95, you should use JAWS version 6.20 or earlier instead.
Note: If you use JAWS in a country where ILM authorization is not available, you will need to use the dongle-required version of JAWS. You can download the dongle-required application for that language from the Dongle Version download page.
Vocalizer Direct Voices for JAWS
JAWS supports and includes at no additional cost the Vocalizer Direct synthesizer from Nuance® Communications. It offers high quality and responsive speech in more than 50 voices and 20 languages. Select Vocalizer Direct Voices to listen to samples and download any of these voices.
Note: International versions, such as Italian, Japanese, Russian, and so on, require international ILM authorization. Contact your JAWS distributor for additional information and pricing.
See archive of international downloads for a list of earlier releases.
- JAWS 14.0.1829 32-bit Spanish ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (174 MB)
- JAWS 14.0.1829 64-bit Spanish ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (180 MB)
- JAWS 14.0.1538 32-bit German ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (249 MB)
- JAWS 14.0.1538 64-bit German ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (255 MB)
- JAWS 13.0.661 32-bit French Canadian ILM Release for Windows 7 and Earlier (142 MB)
- JAWS 13.0.661 64-bit French Canadian ILM Release for Windows 7 and Earlier (145 MB)
- JAWS 14.0.1101 32-bit Brazilian Portuguese ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (154 MB)
- JAWS 14.0.1101 64-bit Brazilian Portuguese ILM Release for Windows 8 and Earlier (160 MB)
Use the following links to locate an international JAWS distributor: