Remote Position to Cover the West Coast - Hours 9:30 AM-6:00 PM PST
VFO™ is the leading worldwide provider of assistive technology products, dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with visual impairments and learning disabilities. Our innovative technology is designed to promote independence, allowing blind and low vision users the same access to information as their sighted peers. Based in St. Petersburg, Florida, our team is passionate about what we do and committed to the communities that we serve.
Provide timely, courteous and expert support to VFO Group's customers who need assistance with VFO's solutions for the blind and vision impaired customers including JAWS, ZoomText and other VFO software solutions, braille display hardware, and various hardware readers and magnifiers for low-vision users. Perform troubleshooting and triage by phone, email and remote access. Determine and implement corrective actions that may include training, online assistance, providing workarounds, and handling product updates or replacements as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be able to use a braille display to read braille content for all types of files and online information and will be able to use an industry leading screen reader to "read" all types of files and online information via audio output.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to user inquiries regarding installation, configuration and operation of VFO software and hardware products to resolve problems for VFO dealers, end-users and other customers
- Maintain records of daily customer communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities and enter all details in VFO call tracking system
- Read technical manuals and other online resources, confer with users, and conduct product diagnostics to investigate or gain remote access to customer systems to resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support by phone or other online access
- Confer with staff, users, and management to obtain technical information and confirm recommended response and recovery actions
- Develop materials and procedures, train users in the proper use of applications or hardware devices
- Perform various tasks including:
- Adjust firmware, OS, application software
- Conduct product diagnostics to determine nature of problems
- Install Firmware, OS, application software
- Install hardware, software, or peripheral equipment
- Take calls from customers and respond quickly to their questions or requests for problem resolution
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data for call tracking, problem analysis, etc.
- Use support call tracking software applications
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Technical or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Must have excellent working knowledge of VFO products including: JAWS, ZoomText and other VFO software solutions, braille display hardware, and various hardware readers and magnifiers for low-vision users
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 727-803-8014.