JAWS Screen Reading Software
The latest version of JAWS can be downloaded using Check for Updates from the JAWS Help menu. For new installations, download and save the executable file to your local PC and install from there. Make sure to download the correct version (64-bit or 32-bit) for your computer, which we have detected is a -bit computer. Instructions to verify whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer can be found at the bottom of this page.
Note: You will need an internet connection during the JAWS installation. If you will be installing JAWS on a computer that does not have Internet access, you will need to download and install the Convenient OCR Installer before beginning the main JAWS installation.
- JAWS 17.0.2211Non-Tandem 64-bit English - June 2016
- JAWS 17.0.2211Non-Tandem 32-bit English - June 2016
If your corporate firewall prevents you from downloading files using FTP (File Transfer Protocol), choose the HTTP protocol instead.
- Press WINDOWS Key+E to open Windows Explorer.
- If you are using Windows 7, you should be focused on the OS (C:) drive and can press SPACEBAR to select it, and then ENTER to display the contents on the root of the C drive.
If you are in Windows 8, you will have to first press RIGHT ARROW to navigate to the OS (C:) drive, and then proceed to press SPACEBAR and ENTER to open the root of C.
Press the letter P until you reach the "Program Files" folder, and then press P once more.
If you have 64-bit Windows, you have two folders: one named "Program Files" and another named "Program Files (x86)."
If you have 32-bit Windows, you only have one folder named "Program Files."
- Please select the appropriate 64-bit or 32-bit version to run on your system.