JAWS System Requirements
To use JAWS for Windows, you need a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
- A processor capable of handling the requirements of the operating system in addition to any other programs you want to use with JAWS.
- Enough memory to run the operating system and any programs you want to use with JAWS. Additional memory will improve system performance while JAWS is running.
- JAWS requires less than 200 MB of hard disk space for program and settings files. Additional space is required for the operating system, other programs, and the Windows swap file.
- A display adapter capable of at least 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit color (1024 x 768 screen resolution with 32-bit color is recommended).
- If you intend to use the Eloquence for JAWS software synthesizer, you need a sound card compatible with the version of Windows you are running. If you choose not to use Eloquence for JAWS, then you must have a JAWS compatible software or hardware speech synthesizer, or a refreshable braille display.
Note: If you do not have a sound card, JAWS does not provide speech during installation.
- JAWS 64-bit Professional can be used with all 64-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista® and Windows Server® 2008.
- JAWS 32-bit Professional can be used with the following 32-bit operating systems: all 32-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003.
- JAWS 64-bit Standard can be used with 64-bit Home, Home Basic, and Home Premium versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- JAWS 32-bit Standard can be used with 32-bit Home, Home Basic, and Home Premium versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Home.
Note: While JAWS supports the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating system, support for Media Center applications is limited to areas where Microsoft Active Accessibility® has properly exposed adequate information.
Press ALT+LEFT ARROW to return to the previous page.