BLINDNESS SOLUTIONS: JAWS®
The World's Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS users around the world sent us videos about the impact JAWS has made on their lives. We compiled these testimonials and more in a video to celebrate the 20th anniversary of JAWS for Windows.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Talking installation
- Convenient OCR feature for image files or inaccessible PDF documents
- Supports PEARL Camera for direct access to Print documents or books
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with the latest versions of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, and much more
- Supports Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7
- Support for MathML content presented in Internet Explorer that is rendered with MathJax
- Save time with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer
- Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It
- Fully compatible with ZoomText, Fusion, MAGic, and the OpenBook Scanning and Reading Software
- JAWS Tandem available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Includes voices for over 30 different languages
- Distributed worldwide with local sales and support in most countries
JAWS has been tested to perform best with the latest Windows operating systems and software applications. As new versions of Freedom Scientific products are released, support for older software may not continue.
Salman Khalid - Lahore, Pakistan