BLINDNESS SOLUTIONS: Focus 14 Blue - 5th Generation
Ultra-Portable Braille Display - 5th Generation!
The fifth generation of the Focus 14 Blue braille display is more rugged and stronger than ever. We’ve built the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the Braille cells to create a Braille display to meet the demands of the active user.
The Focus 14 Blue combines comfort, portability, and advanced features for the ultimate go-anywhere Braille interface device. A highly responsive 8-dot keyboard and seamless USB-C and Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity make the Focus 14 Blue the ideal companion for smartphones, iPads®, tablets and other mobile devices. The new Scratchpad feature lets you take notes and read books even when you aren't connected.
- 14 Braille cells
- 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Seamless braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
- Compact and durable - designed for portability
- Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button, conveniently centered above the cursor router buttons, for quick access to calendar, clock, Bluetooth connections, and more
- Built-in Scratchpad with BRF Book Reader
- Micro SD Card up to 32 GB
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- USB-C micro connector - always right-side-up to reduce wear and tear
- Charge battery via USB
- Unique use-in carrying case
Compatibility and connectivity features
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity - switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and Braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach Braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted Braille input and full control in Windows®