Free Webinar Schedule and Registration Page - Freedom Scientific
Welcome to the free Webinar e-Learning page from Freedom Scientific. Learn to use JAWS® screen reading software, MAGic® screen magnification software, PAC Mate Omni™ accessible Pocket PC, and more from the convenience of your home or office.
JAWS Tip: This page and several other pages on the Freedom Scientific Web site are divided into regions for ease of navigation. Beginning with JAWS 15, users can press R or SHIFT+R to move from the beginning of one region to another. In addition, you may explore the structure of regions on a page and navigate by using the list of regions with INSERT+CTRL+R. Once you move to the region desired, try pressing H to move by heading within each region to find the different topics within that region. Press SHIFT+H to move backward by heading. For JAWS versions 14 and earlier, use the keystrokes SEMICOLON, SHIFT+SEMICOLON, or INSERT+CTRL+SEMICOLON.
Free Webinar Schedule at a Glance
- PDF Document Reading and Strategies with JAWS and MAGic, May 1 and 2
- New Webinars for the third quarter will be posted here soon.
Choose the register link for the session you would like to attend. A separate e-mail with instructions will be sent to everyone who registers.
Archives for Webinars that are not currently open for registration can be found in the Archive link above. If you are a JAWS user press R to quickly navigate by regions on this page.
PDF Document Reading and Strategies with JAWS and MAGic
May 1 and 2
- Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Time (16:00 GMT)
- Cost: No charge
- Level: Beginner to intermediate
- Length: One hour
Learn how to read PDF documents and use different strategies to obtain a better idea of why some PDF documents do not read well, or may not read at all. Learn how to determine if a PDF document is a scanned image and not text that can be read with a screen reader. Then learn what you can do to convert the PDF document so that it CAN be read. Learn how to interact with forms and form controls, tables, hyperlinks, and more, all in PDF documents of different types.
NOTE: This class assumes you have Adobe Reader version 11 installed. If you do not have it already installed, use the following link to download a copy of Adobe Reader and install it prior to taking this Webinar. Also, this Webinar includes practice exercises that you will open during the class. You should have JAWS or MAGic installed to use during the Webinar to get the fullest experience from your time spent in this training.
Lesson One, May 1
- Use the Accessibility Setup Assistant to change settings in Adobe Reader
- Make other changes in Adobe Reader for accessibility
- Begin reading PDF documents
- Understand the significance of tags in PDF files
Lesson Two, May 2
- Use different strategies to obtain a better idea of why some PDF documents do not read well, or may not read at all
- Determine if a PDF document is a scanned image and not text that can be read with a screen reader
- How to convert scanned image PDF documents so that they CAN be read, including using JAWS Convenient OCR
- See how JAWS or MAGic handle secured PDF documents
- Examine PDF document properties for clues as to why they read one way or another
- Use the JAWS Find to search for text in PDF documents
- lInteract with forms and form controls, tables, hyperlinks, and more, all in PDF documents of different types
- Describe digital signatures in PDF documents
The archives of our free Webinar training have moved to their own page. Choose this link to find the Free Webinar Archives.
Contact the Freedom Scientific Training Department
The Freedom Scientific Training Department
Contact us at 800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000, extension 1016 or 4001
JAWS®, MAGic®, and PAC Mate Omni™ are registered trademarks of Freedom Scientific Inc., St. Petersburg, Florida and/or other countries.
Windows® and Internet Explorer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Adobe® and Reader® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
iTunes® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Skype™ is a trademark of Skype Limited in the U.S. and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.