BLINDNESS SOLUTIONS: JAWS®
The World's Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS 2018 Documentation
- What's New in JAWS 2018
- JAWS Keystrokes (PDF)
- JAWS Keystrokes (text)
- Braille Display Input Commands (HTML)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (text)
- JAWS Help System (self-extracting file)
Note: After unzipping and saving the help files, select JFW.CHM to launch the primary help file.
- JAWS Support for ARIA (Word file): ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) is assistive technology markup used by Web content creators to make Web pages more accessible for screen readers. This is done by adding specific ARIA tags and elements to HTML code. Read this document to learn more about JAWS support for ARIA markup.
- JAWS Tandem Quick Start Guide
- JAWS Tandem FAQs
- Software Activation
- Basics of Scripting Manual (HTML)
- Basics of Scripting Manual (self-extracting file)
- Enhancements in Scripting
- FSDN (Functions Reference Manual)
- JAWS UIA Script API Documentation
- Domain Scripting Quick Start (PDF)
- Research It: Creating Rule Sets for JAWS (Word file)
- Updating Verbosity Scripts for the JAWS Options Tree View (self-extracting file)
Previous JAWS Documentation
If you want to view documentation for earlier versions of JAWS, visit the Previous JAWS for Windows Downloads page and download the appropriate JAWS version. Install this program and then look in the Help folder to find the product documentation.