Do the following to enable Screen Layout mode in your web browser:
- In the web browser, press INSERT+V. The Quick Settings dialog box opens with focus in the search edit box.
- Type document presentation in the search edit box. The tree view below filters out everything that does not relate to document presentation.
- Press DOWN ARROW until focus moves to Document Presentation Mode.
- Press the SPACEBAR to choose Screen Layout.
- Press TAB to move to the OK button, and then press SPACEBAR to activate it.
NOTE: By default, the quick settings for JAWS are saved to your computer hard disk, and remain set this way until you change them back or to a different setting.
If you determine that Screen Layout mode is better suited to your needs for all programs, you can do the following to permanently enable this feature globally:
- In the web browser, press INSERT+F2.
- Select Settings Center and press ENTER.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+D to switch to the default file.
- Focus is in the Search edit box. Type in "select layout" without the quotes.
- Press DOWN ARROW to move to Select Layout in the filtered results of the tree view in Settings Center.
- Press SPACEBAR to toggle from Simple Layout to Screen Layout.
- Press TAB to move to the OK button, and then activate it with the SPACEBAR. The changes are made and saved. Settings Center closes.
Press CTRL+F4 to close this window when you are finished reading it.