FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freedom Scientific’s MAGic 12 Sets a New Standard in Screen Magnification
New Look and Feel, HD Text, Speech On Demand, and More(St. Petersburg, Florida - October 24, 2012)
Freedom Scientific, the world leader in assistive technology for those that are low vision or blind, today announced the release of version 12 of its MAGic® screen magnification software.
MAGic makes it possible for computer users with macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and other causes of low vision to use a PC. It increases the size of what a user sees on the monitor, all the way up to 36 times magnification, and can also speak out loud what’s on the screen.
"This MAGic release has a simple, attractive user interface delivering the enhancements most requested by our users," says Dusty Voorhees, Senior Product Manager at Freedom Scientific. "The new HD Text feature smoothes the letters no matter which font or magnification level you choose - no more looking at blocky, pixilated text as you increase magnification. The new HD mouse offers selectable styles and continuous mouse pointer sizing that remains sharp at all magnification levels. This new look and feel provides intuitive access to any feature while being easy on the eyes, so users enjoy longer computing sessions with more comfort and less fatigue."
This release is replete with unique new features that enhance productivity for low vision users:
- Take full control of what MAGic says, and when it says it, with Speech On Demand™. Using speech can reduce eye fatigue and improve efficiency, but sometimes too much speech can be overwhelming. MAGic 12 goes far beyond a simple on/off toggle for speech, allowing you to eliminate extra chatter. No other screen magnification product provides this level of control over the speech you hear.
- All new mouse, cursor, and color schemes make it easier for low vision users to work in today’s modern applications. Enhancements offer high-contrast, low-glare screens and a customizable, easy-to–track mouse and cursor.
- Application-specific voice profiles make it very easy to select, create, change, and save default voice settings
- Research It gives you quick and easy access to a wide range of information available on the Internet, and it’s available at the touch of a button if you’re using the MAGic Large Print Keyboard
- Navigation Quick Keys make surfing the web and working with PDF files more efficient. Get to where you want to be with just a key press.
- The Skim Reading tool gets you quickly to just the information you want
For a downloadable demonstration copy of MAGic 12, or to find out how to upgrade, visit the MAGic What’s New page.
Competitive Upgrade Promotion
"We’re sure that many longtime screen magnification users will want to upgrade to MAGic 12 once they see its features," says Voorhees. "We want to give them that opportunity, even if they are not currently using MAGic. Through January 31, 2013, ZoomText users can upgrade to MAGic 12 for just $199. They’ll get MAGic 12 with Speech, a MAGic Large Print Keyboard, and an SMA. A five-seat license can be upgraded for $995, including five keyboards and the SMA."
For more information on this upgrade promotion, call 1-800-444-4443.
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. Since 2015, Freedom Scientific is part of VFO™. VFO has its headquarters in the USA and the Netherlands, and offices in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. Through VFO's multi-tier distribution, Freedom Scientific products are available in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Freedom Scientific® and its products are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.