Paid Webinar Schedule and Registration Page - Freedom Scientific
Welcome to the paid Webinar e-Learning page from Freedom Scientific. Learn to use JAWS® screen reading software, MAGic® screen magnification software, PAC Mate Omni™ accessible Pocket PC, and more from the convenience of your home or office.
JAWS Tip: This page and several other pages on the Freedom Scientific Web site are divided into regions for ease of navigation. Beginning with JAWS 15, users can press R or SHIFT+R to move from the beginning of one region to another. In addition, you may explore the structure of regions on a page and navigate by using the list of regions with INSERT+CTRL+R. Once you move to the region desired, try pressing H to move by heading within each region to find the different topics within that region. Press SHIFT+H to move backward by heading. For JAWS versions 14 and earlier, use the keystrokes SEMICOLON, SHIFT+SEMICOLON, or INSERT+CTRL+SEMICOLON.
Paid Webinar Schedule at a Glance
- Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility, December 3 - December 19, $29
Webinar Training feels like a Real Classroom Environment
"You know, the live webinars are a truly amazing experience for me. I mean, logic tells me I'm sitting here in my house, which of course I am. But in my mind I'm transported somewhere else. I feel like I'm really in a classroom with you all and you're all physically there! I look at the tree view of names and sort of visualise each person, imagining what you all look like. I've always wanted to learn PowerPoint. I've tried before and messed up each time. All that changed when my parents bought me the 2007 webinar. I haven't got 2013 on my PC yet, but I'll have the lessons here for me when I do. You know, Dan and Ryan have a very special and unique gift of communication. You make your lessons come alive! They're real!"
- Julie Napier, Liverpool, United Kingdom
University Student Thrilled to find Online Webinar Training Comprehensive and Relevant
"I purchased your webinars on working with Microsoft Word 2010. I would like to thank you so very much for the excellent training you have provided on using a software that I didn't ever think I would get the hang of. You have made my life as a university student tremendously easier. I am taking the time to work through your lessons, but I have already learned so much in the first one. I am thrilled to know that you have covered how to format an APA manuscript. I searched endlessly for specific instructions on how to format things in Word, but of course, nothing I found was geared toward blind people. Your comprehensive training is just the thing I needed. I had previously been experiencing so much panic about getting used to Microsoft 2010, as I had been using 2003 before.
Thank you again for taking the time to impart your knowledge in a way that is so easy to work with and understand. I actually found the webinars through a Google search for help with using MS Word 2010 and JAWS. Your lessons are fabulous, and I eagerly anticipate getting through them."
- Victoria Francis, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paid Webinar Schedule
Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility, Six One-hour Webinars
December 3 - December 19, $29
- Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Time (17:00 GMT)
- Cost: $29
- Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Length: Six one-hour lessons
- Exam offered (optional): Yes
- Continuing Education Units (CEU) awarded: 0.6
NOTE: This workshop assumes familiarity with using JAWS or MAGic in the Webinar training room. Before taking this workshop, participants should complete the free Webinar Training Room Orientation.
By the end of this workshop you will understand, be able to discuss, and/or perform the following tasks as they relate to testing Web pages and other documents from the keyboard with JAWS and MAGic:
Lesson One, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
Learn about JAWS and the HTML settings used by JAWS in Web pages and Web-based applications or PDF documents, including:
- Why JAWS skips past repeated text on Web pages
- How JAWS reads various HTML tags
- Text block length
- Why JAWS does not always appear to move when PAGE DOWN is pressed
- Why JAWS sometimes begins reading in the middle of a line when DOWN ARROW is pressed
- How JAWS uses the Virtual Buffer
- How JAWS treats graphics and graphical links differently
Lesson Two, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
JAWS and Internet Explorer, part 1. Learn about navigation quick keys, the list of links, the list of headings, and PlaceMarkers. General navigation in Internet Explorer is discussed and demonstrated.
Lesson Three, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
JAWS and Internet Explorer, part 2. Learn about tables, forms, JAWS auto forms mode, custom labels, and personalized settings for the Web in this lesson on using JAWS in Internet Explorer.
Lesson Four, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
- Web Accessibility Initiatives (WAI) from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) from the W3C
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- And more
Lesson Five, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
Learn the difference between accessibility and usability of Web pages and PDF documents. Includes discussion and demonstration of how to test pages of various types with JAWS. Demonstration of sample Web pages from a usability vs. accessibility standpoint. Demonstration of sample PDF documents that cause problems for screen reader users. Also learn about common HTML attributes used specifically by screen readers to help their users read and navigate on the Web.
Lesson Six, Using JAWS to Test Web Page and Document Accessibility
Demonstration and discussion of how to test pages of various types with JAWS or MAGic. Test live Web pages submitted by participants and discuss options for improvements.
Paid Webinars for the First Quarter of 2014
NOTE: Paid Webinars for the first quarter of 2014 will be posted here in the coming weeks. Be sure to check back later to see the upcoming listings.
By popular request we are making archives of previously held paid Webinar training available for purchase. The benefits of purchasing archived training include:
- Take the lessons any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You don't have to wait for the next live class to begin.
- Contact the instructor with any questions by e-mail or phone.
- Optionally, you may also take the online exams for each Webinar. Earn a score of 80% or higher and receive a certificate of completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
THERE IS AN ADDED BONUS. Anyone who purchases paid archives of our training may also attend the same Webinar at no charge the next time it is held live. Meet your training needs now, and also get a free refresher course later in the year the next time the same Webinar is held. (Free attendance is limited to the next scheduled time the same Webinar is held.)
Choose this link for a list of topics covered in and descriptions of the paid training Webinars and archives.
Choose any of the following links to purchase archives of paid training:
NOTE: When you choose these links, you are directed to our online store. Please allow one business day after you place an order in the online store for sales processing. Once the order has gone through the sales process, the Training Department will send you an e-mail with links to the recorded archive and documentation, along with instructions on how to use the archives.
Office 2013 Archives
- Word 2013 paid archive, $29
- Outlook 2013 paid archive, $29
- Excel 2013 paid archive, $29
- PowerPoint 2013 paid archive, $29
Office 2010 Archives
- Microsoft Office 2010 Overview and Introduction archive, in the Free Webinar Archives
- Word 2010 paid archive, $29
- Outlook 2010 paid archive, $29
- Excel 2010 paid archive, $29
- PowerPoint 2010 paid archive, $29
Training for Teachers, AT Trainers, and Web Developers
Office 2007 Archives
- Office 2007 Overview and Introduction archive, in the Free Webinar archives
- Mail Merge in Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010 archive, in the Free Webinar archives
- Word 2007 paid archive, $29
- Outlook 2007 paid archive, $29
- Excel 2007 paid archive, $29
- PowerPoint 2007 paid archive, $29
Other Paid Webinars
Contact the Freedom Scientific Training Department
The Freedom Scientific Training Department
Contact us at 800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000, extension 1016 or 4001
JAWS®, MAGic®, and PAC Mate Omni™ are registered trademarks of Freedom Scientific Inc., St. Petersburg, Florida and/or other countries.
Windows® and Internet Explorer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Adobe® and Reader® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
iTunes® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Skype™ is a trademark of Skype Limited in the U.S. and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.