JAWS 11 Update
This page describes improvements and new items available in the latest version of JAWS 11.
- Choose JAWS download links to go directly to the JAWS 11 download links on this page.
- See the Enhancements in JAWS 11 section below for a list of all improvements made in this release.
- To read about features and updates made in earlier releases, see What's New in JAWS 11.
Enhancements in JAWS 11.0.1476 (November 2010)
The following is a list of items addressed or added between the final JAWS 11.0.1471 release and the JAWS 11.0.1476 posting. All enhancements since the initial public beta release are included in this release.
- Resolved an issue where the braille display would not update correctly when cutting and pasting text in an Outlook e-mail message.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS could not load script files for KNFB Reader.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS was not announcing the check box status when clearing and selecting items in the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box.
- Resolved an issue where the JAWS Task List was failing to work when the list box was empty.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS was not properly reading the dialog box when deleting an item from Windows Explorer.
- Resolved an issue where English braille translation options would appear in the German version of JAWS after pressing INSERT+V.
- Resolved an issue where Ribbon and status bar icons in the German version of Word 2007 were not showing on a braille display.
- Resolved an issue where the Japanese IME (Input Method Editor) failed with Windows 7 and Excel 2007.
- Resolved an issue where text in the Virtual Viewer was not visibly legible.
- Resolved an issue where the Dictionary Manager became unresponsive when using PAC Mate Remote Desktop.
- Resolved an issue with Acrobat Pro 10 where JAWS was not recognizing or reading the EULA agreement page during software installation.
- Resolved an issue with Acrobat Reader 10 where JAWS was not reading the Find edit field after pressing CTRL+F.
- Resolved an issue where Web pages did not refresh after choosing a button on that page.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS did not recognize labels for invisible links on Web pages.
- Resolved an issue originally observed in Excel where the braille display was not refreshing correctly when moving through a file.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express
- Resolved an issue where the Say Line command would not read while in the New Project or New Web Site dialogs in Visual Studio 2010 Express.
- Resolved an issue in Word where text was not underlined after pressing CTRL+U.
- Resolved an issue in Word where paragraph marks were not visible in braille if the JAWS braille settings were configured for DOM or Active Follows Braille.
- Resolved an issue where you could not turn off bold, italic, or underline text attributes in Word.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS had difficulty reading tables in Word when reading by sentence or using the Say All command.
- Resolved an issue where the braille display would not refresh when moving by line through a document.
- Resolved an issue where JAWS announced that no results were found when using the Convert Currency lookup source.
- Resolved an issue where the Time Search lookup source announced that no information was found.
Back to top from Enhancements in JAWS 11.0.1476
Download JAWS 11
The following briefly describes how to download, save, and install the JAWS 11 release.
Note: If your corporate firewall prevents you from downloading files using FTP (File Transfer Protocol), use the HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) links instead.
- Select the appropriate download link that appears at the end of this procedure.
- When the dialog box opens, choose Save and select a location where you can easily find the downloaded executable file.
- Run the executable and follow the talking installer.
- After installing software, always check for updates to make sure you have the latest release.
English JAWS 11 Releases
USB English JAWS 11 Releases
Note: The video intercept driver is valid for English JAWS versions 9 through 12 and MAGic 11. If you are using a localized version, please consult with your distributor or support before installing.
Non-Tandem English JAWS 11 Releases
Check for Updates
To respond quickly to customer issues, Freedom Scientific provides minor software updates throughout the year. The Check for Updates feature makes it very easy to keep up with the latest JAWS enhancements. If you maintain your software as updates are published, you can download incremental updates, or patches, to your computer. If several minor releases have been published before you check for updates, you will download a full software release, which includes all minor releases up to that point. You can manually check for updates at any time, or JAWS can automatically check for updates when it starts.
Manually Check for Updates
To check for updates after installing a release, do the following:
- Open the JAWS application window.
- Open the Help menu.
- Select Check for Updates. The update feature determines if you have the most current release. If you do not, select one or more items from the list and then select INSTALL to begin the update. All enhancements since the initial public beta release are included in the update.
Automatically Check for Updates
The Automatic Notification of Updates feature, which is on by default, alerts you when a software update is available. This is an easy way to maintain your software. If you decide not to install the JAWS update, you can always manually check for updates later as described in the previous section.
To turn auto notification on or off, choose Basics in the JAWS Options menu, and select or clear the Automatic Notification of Updates check box.
Back to top from Download JAWS 11