Freedom Scientific has solutions to help deaf-blind individuals communicate electronically face-to-face and over a distance. We offer two types of communication systems for independent and portable two-way conversations.
The Interpretype Deaf-Blind Communication System is a full-spectrum solution that is easy to use for communicating online and face to face. Users can communicate over a distance using the Internet, or face to face using Bluetooth®.
FaceToFace™ teams up with Bluetooth® connectivity and the PAC Mate™ Omni accessible Pocket PC to create a portable way for deaf-blind individuals to engage in real-time conversations with others - without the need for a specially-trained interpreter.
- Two laptops with software to communicate via Skype™, IP-Relay, SMS text messaging, instant messaging, and face to face
- Includes JAWS® Professional screen-reading software and a Focus 40 Blue Braille Display on one laptop
- Save contacts, buddy lists, and IP-Relay information for future use
- Connect to the Internet using the included WiFi or Ethernet connection
- Talk face to face using Bluetooth
- Take full advantage of computing tasks such as emailing, Internet browsing, and more
- For more information, please visit the Interpretype Web site.
- Please call 585-272-1155 or e-mail email@example.com for all pricing, ordering, and information.
Initiate one-on-one conversations on your PAC Mate Omni with sighted parties in the same room who have a Bluetooth-capable PC or PDA
- Send messages with the PAC Mate Omni's QWERTY or Perkins-style keyboard
- Read responses through the Braille display
- Save conversations to a text file
- Paste text from Address and Contact files into FaceToFace conversations