FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freedom Scientific Schedules Information Sessions and Product Drawings at the 2008 ATIA Conference
(St. Petersburg, Florida - January 17, 2008)
Freedom Scientific, the leader in assistive technology for the visually impaired and for those with learning disabilities, will be at the 2008 Assistive Technology Industries Association (ATIA) Conference and Exposition in Orlando, Florida, January 30 through February 2, to conduct informational sessions and hands-on labs about its new products and the latest releases of existing products.
"Freedom Scientific has introduced a host of new products during the last year, including the ONYX® multiple-view magnification camera, the TOPAZ® SpaceSaver desktop video magnifier, and the PAC Mate Omni™, the latest generation of the PAC Mate accessible Pocket PC," said Brad Davis, Vice President. "In addition, we recently introduced JAWS® 9 screen reading software, MAGic® 11 screen magnification software, and OpenBook® 8 scanning and reading software, with enhancements that make these products more powerful and easier to use than ever. We look forward to sharing all of these innovations with the ATIA conference attendees."
During the exhibit hours at the Caribe Royale All-Suites Resort, Freedom Scientific will demonstrate its line of blindness and low vision products at Booth #801. Freedom Scientific's Learning Systems Group will demonstrate WYNN® literacy software and TestTalker® test-taking software at Booth #901.
During each day of the conference, beginning on January 31, Freedom Scientific will give away one copy of the newly-released versions of MAGic 11 Professional with Speech and OpenBook 8, as well as five copies of FSReader® DAISY player. Conference attendees can register for Freedom Scientific's daily drawings at Booth #801.
Topics and times of Freedom Scientific Sessions
- Thursday, January 31, 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM: Mastering MAGic for the AT Trainer. Presenter: Dusty Voorhees
- Thursday, January 31, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Internet Research for All Students Using WYNN. Presenter: Beth Thomlinson
- Friday, February 1, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Combining Speech, Magnification, and Braille; Maximizing Your Effectiveness. Presenters: Eric Damery and Dusty Voorhees
- Friday, February 1, 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM: PAC Mate Accessible Pocket PC – The Next Generation. Presenters: Jonathan Mosen and Ron Miller
- Friday, February 1, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Learning Beyond the Book. Presenter: Bonnie Hill
- Friday, February 1, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Bringing Your Digital and Physical Environments Together: MAGic and ONYX. Presenter: Dusty Voorhees
- Saturday, February 2, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Working with Video Magnification and a PC. Presenter: Brad Davis
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is a leading worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments. Since 2015, Freedom Scientific is part of VFO™. VFO has its headquarters in the USA and the Netherlands, and offices in Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom. Through VFO's multi-tier distribution, Freedom Scientific products are available in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Freedom Scientific® and its products are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.