FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freedom Scientific Releases JAWS 2018
Expanded Convenient OCR, Windows 10 Mobile Voices, Liblouis Braille 3.3 Translator, and more(St. Petersburg, Florida - October 31, 2017)
Freedom Scientific today introduced the release of version 2018 of JAWS® for Windows, the world's premier screen reading software. Significant new features include:
- Version number changes to “2018” to match the upcoming ZoomText® and Fusion™ version numbers
- New direct document OCR support with Freedom Scientific PEARL® Camera and Twain flatbed scanners
- Expanded OCR access of BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, PNG, PCX, and PDF image files
- Support for Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 Fall Creators, and Office 365 updates
- Support for Windows 10 Microsoft Mobile Voices
- Updated support to Liblouis Braille Translator version 3.3
- New web verbosity feature giving users great control as they read
From the moment our users begin to install this new version, they will experience the changes, starting with an all new, streamlined installer. The inclusion of more built-in OCR capabilities is sure to be a significant help for students and professionals alike,” says Eric Damery, Vice President of Software Product Management.”
The JAWS 2018 upgrade is a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) release and can be downloaded from the JAWS downloads web page. English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, French Canadian, and Hebrew have all posted simultaneously. DVD shipments to SMA holders will commence within a week. New orders for JAWS will ship JAWS 2018 effective immediately.
VFO is a leading global accessibility solutions provider. The VFO brands, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, Ai Squared and The Paciello Group, have a long history of developing and providing innovative assistive technology solutions. VFO has offices in St. Petersburg, Florida, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom, and is available through multi-tier distribution in more than 70 countries worldwide.
Freedom Scientific® and JAWS® are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.